First, in plain English: Smart Animal Training Systems does not and will not sell, as a service or product, any personally identifiable information.
Through this web site, Smart Animal Training Systems will collect information that can identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and other similar information ("Your Information") when it is voluntarily submitted to us (however, see discussion below about "IP Addresses"). We will use Your Information to respond to requests you may make of us, and from time to time, we may refer to Your Information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our web sites, products and services. We may also use Your Information to contact you and/or provide you with information about our products and services. We may also enhance or merge Your Information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes.
Any other information transferred by you in connection with your visit to this site ("Other Information" - that is, information that cannot be used to identify you) may be included in databases owned and maintained by Smart Animal Training Systems or its agents. Smart Animal Training Systems retains all rights to these databases and the information contained in them. Other Information we collect may include your IP Address and other information gathered through our weblogs and cookies (see below).
This site may collect weblog information. Web log information is gathered when you visit one of our web sites through the computer that hosts our web site (called a "webserver"). The webserver automatically recognizes some non-personal information, such as the date and time you visited our site, the pages you visited, the web site you came from, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows, Mac OS X, etc.), and the domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address of your Internet service provider.
This web site may use a technology called a "cookie". While most people want real, edible cookies, a cookie is a piece of information that our webserver sends to your computer (actually to your browser file) when you access a web site. Then when you come back our site will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the site and help us analyze site usage more accurately. For instance, our site may set a cookie on your browser that keeps you from needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the site.
This web site uses Internet Protocol addresses. An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. Generally, an IP Address changes each time you connect to the Internet (it is a "dynamic" address). Note, however, that if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstance, it is possible that your IP Address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because with some broadband connections, your IP Address doesn't change (it is "static") and could be associated with your personal computer. We use your IP Address to report aggregate information on use and to help improve the web site.
You should be aware that this site is not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 18 years old. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is an individual under the age of 18 years old.
We may share Your Information with agents, contractors or partners of Smart Animal Training Systems in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, Smart Animal Training Systems. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for Smart Animal Training Systems, or services for the collaboration in which they and Smart Animal Training Systems are engaged (for example, some of our products are developed and marketed through joint agreements with other companies). We may, for example, provide your information to agents, contractors or partners for hosting our databases, for data processing services, or so that they can mail you information that you requested.
Smart Animal Training Systems reserves the right to share Your Information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law.
As a convenience to our visitors, this web site may contain links to a number of sites that we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we described here do not apply to those sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection, and distribution policies.
To be removed from our contact lists, please write to Smart Animal Training Systems at the following address:
Smart Animal Training Systems, LLC
55 S. State Ave. Suite 208
Indianapolis, IN 46201
Please note that you may continue to receive materials while we are updating our lists.
Last reviewed and updated: April 1, 2020
Effective Date: 04/17/2020
Applicable To The Following Mobile Application:
Pet Tutor BLU
Article 1 - DEFINITIONS:
- d) DATA CONTROLLER: Data Controller is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Mobile App and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller's name or "Data Controller," as listed above. If Data Controller or Data Controller's property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: us, we, our, ours, etc.
- f) GOODS: "Goods" means any goods that we make available for sale on the Mobile App.
- g) PERSONAL DATA: "Personal DATA" means personal data and information that we obtain from you in connection with your use of the Mobile App that is capable of identifying you in any manner.
Article 2 - GENERAL INFORMATION:
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use our Mobile App.
Article 3 -CONTACT:
The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows: Smart Animal Training Systems, LLC. The Data Controller may be contacted as follows:
Smart Animal Training Systems, LLC
55 S. State Ave Suite 208
Indianapolis, IN 46201
The Data Controller and operator of the Mobile App are one and the same.
Article 4 - LOCATION:
Please be advised the data processing activities take place in the United States, outside the European Economic Area. Data may also be transferred to companies within the United States, but will only be done so in a manner that complies with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR. The location where the data processing activities take place is as follows:
55 S. State Ave suite 208
Indianapolis, IN 46201
Article 5 - MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS:
Article 6 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU:
Depending on how you use our Mobile App, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
- a) Registered users: You, as a user of the Mobile App, may be asked to register in order to use the Mobile App or to purchase the Goods available for sale.
During the process of your registration, we will collect some of the following Personal Data from you through your voluntary disclosure:
Personal Data may be asked for in relation to:
- I) Interaction with our representatives in any way
- II) making purchases
III) receiving notifications by text message or email about marketing
- IV) receiving general emails from us
- V) commenting on our content or other user-generated content on our Mobile App, such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar features
- b) Unregistered users: If you are a passive user of the Mobile App and do not register for any purchases or other service, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection ("Passive Data Collection"). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
- c) All users: The Passive Data Collection that applies to Unregistered users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of our Mobile App.
- d) Sales & Billing Information: In order to purchase any of the goods on the Mobile App, you will be asked to provide certain credit information, billing address information, and possibly additional specific information so that you may be properly charged for your purchases. This payment and billing information will not be stored and will be used exclusively to assist with your one-time purchase.
- e) Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through your voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications.
- f) User Experience: From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Mobile App, and the Goods we sell, such as demographic information or your particular preferences.
- g) Content Interaction: Our Mobile App may allow you to comment on the content that we provide or the content that other users provide, such as blogs, multimedia, or forum posts. If so, we may collect some Personal Data from you at that time, such as, but not limited to, username or email address.
- h) Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update our Mobile App for your and other consumers' use.
Article 7 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY:
Cookies: We may collect information from you through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences) as well as through information that you volunteer to us (such as information that you provide during a registration process or at other times while using the Mobile App, as described above).
A cookie consists of a reduced set of data transferred to your browser from a web server and it can only be read by the server that made the transfer. This is not executable code and does not transmit viruses.
Technical cookies: Technical cookies, which can also sometimes be called HTML cookies, are used for navigation and to facilitate your access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the network or to supply services requested by you. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the site.
You can manage or request the general deactivation or cancelation of cookies through your browser. If you do this though, please be advised this action might slow down or prevent access to some parts of the site.
Cookies may also be retransmitted by an analytics or statistics provider to collect aggregated information on the number of users and how they visit the Mobile App. These are also considered technical cookies when they operate as described.
Temporary session cookies are deleted automatically at the end of the browsing session - these are mostly used to identify you and ensure that you don't have to log in each time - whereas permanent cookies remain active longer than just one particular session.
Profiling cookies: We may also use profiling cookies, which are those that create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising to the user's browser.
When these types of cookies are used, we will receive your explicit consent.
Support in configuring your browser: You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Mobile App.
For further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Mobile App also makes use of log files that store automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows:
- internet protocol (IP) address;
- type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Mobile App;
- name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
- date and time of visit;
- web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit;
- possibly the number of clicks.
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Data such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Mobile App or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Mobile App and our users. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
Article 8 - THIRD PARTIES:
We may utilize third-party service providers ("Third-Party Service Providers"), from time to time or all the time, to help us with our Mobile App, and to help serve you.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
We may provide some of your Personal Data to Third-Party Service Providers in order to help us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Mobile App.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to host the Mobile App. In this instance, the Third-Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without your approval.
In general, you may request that we do not share your Personal Data with third parties. Please contact us via email, if so. Please be advised that you may lose access to certain services that we rely on third-party providers for.
Article 9 - HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data.
In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 10 - PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Mobile App and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Mobile App.
Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies.
Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
- a) Improving your personal user experience
- b) Communicating with you about your user account with us
- c) Marketing and advertising to you, including via email
- d) Fulfilling your purchases
- e) Providing customer service to you
- f) Advising you about updates to the Mobile App or related Items
Article 11 - DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- a) To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations
- b) To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
- d) As may be necessary for the operation of our Mobile App
- e) To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users
- f) If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Mobile App or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules
Article 12 - OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US:
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Mobile App such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: Support@PetTutor.BIZ. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Mobile App or about your account with us.
By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Mobile App in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 13 - MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may do so from your account settings page.
Article 14 - ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
Article 15 - YOUR RIGHTS:
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Dat
- the right to have access to your Personal Data
- the right to update and/or correct your Personal Data
- the right to portability of your Personal Data
- the right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data
- the right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data
- the right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law
- the right to launch a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United States or applicable data protection authority in another jurisdiction
Article 16 - CONTACT INFORMATION: