To connect the phone or tablet to the Pet Tutor follow the sequence below.
This applies to the app Pet Tutor® BLU (not Pet Tutor® RT)
Make sure your phone's Bluetooth® is turned on.
- Start the app
- Press Begin Training
- THEN turn on the feeder (not before the app)
- An icon of the feeder will appear with a check mark on the right
- Press the check mark to connect and it will turn green ("Connected").
- Press Start Training
- Press FEED button in the app.
- I do not see anything after pressing Begin Training.
- Is the feeder turned on? (After 15 minutes of no activity on battery the unit will turn itself off to save battery).
- Is the phone's Bluetooth® turned on?
- Was the Pet Tutor connected to another app or another device? The feeder can only connect to one device at a time. So make sure it is disconnected from other devices before trying to connect with a new device. This also applies to other 3rd party apps that work with Pet Tutor®.
- Is the phone within range of the feeder or is there a barrier that may block the signal (ex.metal appliance)? (Generation 2 feeders have a range of about 30 feet and Generation 3 feeders have a range of 100-200 feet).
- Was the app given permission to location/Bluetooth® during the install? note: We do not use the location, but some installs use "location" for Bluetooth® access.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and make sure you give it permission to access your Bluetooth® (your phone may refer to this as "location" but we do not use location).
- The "check mark" does not respond.
- DO NOT try connecting to Pet Tutor® from the phone's settings. If this happens you may need to restart the connection procedure. Just make sure the Bluetooth® is turned on.
- If the phone moves out of range or is blocked (ex. something metal) the connection may drop.
- Some other Bluetooth® device or activity may overload the phone's Bluetooth® or interrupt the app. For example a Bluetooth® headset, phone call or video notification (e.g, webcam)
Restarting the procedure: Turn off the feeder and close out the app. Make sure the phone Bluetooth® is on and start over with the connection procedure above.
Need help? Contact Support@PetTutor.Biz